James Huang's Quick Hits

Published: Monday, December 3, 2012

Football: The Huskies lost to the Cincinnati Bearcats with a score of 34-17 in their season finale this past Saturday night at home in Rentschler Field in East Hartford. With this loss, the Huskies finish their season with an overall record of 5-7 and a conference record of 2-5.

Men’s Ice Hockey: The Huskies lost to Canisius with a score of 3-0 this past Friday night at home in Mark Edwards Freitas Forum. The Huskies then played Canisius for a second straight game and lost to them with a score of 3-1 this past Saturday night at home. With these two losses, the Huskies now have a season record of 4-7-1 and a conference record of 3-6-0.

Women’s Ice Hockey: The Huskies lost to the Vermont Catamounts 3-0 this past Saturday afternoon at home at the Mark Edwards Freitas Forum. The Huskies then played the Catamounts for a second straight game and lost to them with a score of 2-0 this past Sunday afternoon at home. With these two losses, the Huskies now have a season record of 2-14-2 and a conference record of 1-7-0.

Men’s Soccer: The Huskies lost to the Creighton Bluejays with a score of 1-0 in the NCAA Quarterfinals this past Sunday afternoon at home in a sold out Morrone Stadium. The Huskies played better than the Bluejays for the majority of the game but allowed a goal with 1:30 remaining in the second half. With this loss, the Huskies end their season with an impressive record of 17-4-1.

Men’s Swimming: The Huskies performed well in the USA Swimming Winter Nationals this past Thursday through Saturday away at Austin, Texas. Sophomores Lachezar Shumkov and Wyatt Boliek represented the Huskies. Shumkov finished in 21st place in the 100-yard Breaststroke with an impressive school record time of 55.45 and Boliek finished 47th in the 200-yard Breaststroke with a time of 2:05.49.

Women’s Swimming: The Huskies performed well in the USA Swimming Winter Nationals this past Thursday through Saturday away at Austin. Seniors Jordan Bowen, Mary deMarrais, Kim Fleming and sophomore Chinyere Pigot represented the Huskies. All four Huskies achieved impressive times in their events.