Lacrosse gets set for first road trip

Published: Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Updated: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 23:02

The UConn Huskies will face off against the Dartmouth Big Green, in their first road game of the season. UConn is now 1-1, coming off an overpowering 17-7 victory over Quinnipiac last Saturday. Dartmouth is 1-0, after defeating New Hampshire last week 15-7.

UConn hopes to continue their offensive hot streak. Sophomore Katherine Finkelson is coming off a career high six-point performance. Senior Lauren Kahn also added three goals against the Bobcats. She currently has 10 points off seven goals and three assists, while Finkelson closely trails with seven total points. Ten other Huskies contributed to the scoring barrage, showing the team’s strength early this season.

Dartmouth, who finished third in the Ivy League last year, is led by senior Liz Calby and junior Sarah Byrne, who each tallied four goals in the season opener against UNH. Dartmouth finished 11-8 last year, and qualified for the NCAA Tournament. They advanced to the second round but fell to Syracuse in a tough 21-8 loss.

Although the Huskies went 6-4 on the road last season losing to Syracuse, Georgetown and Layola, Maryland, their offense looks to lead the way to victories.

This will be the first meeting between Dartmouth and UConn in program history; the first of three such scenarios the Huskies will face this season. The Huskies and Big Green square off at Sculley-Fahey Field for an afternoon contest beginning at 3 p.m