Men's Tennis loses to Bryant on the road, 6-1

Published: Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The University of Connecticut men’s tennis team wasn’t able to stop their current skid as they fell to Bryant University Tuesday, 6-1. The loss was the fourth consecutive for the Huskies and dropped their record to 2-9 on the season.

UConn again wasn’t able to capitalize on their opportunities in the doubles matches as all three duos dropped their contests. The team didn’t get much help from the singles either as they lost five of six.

Freshman Zac McEntee came in close to grabbing one more point for the Huskies but lost a close 11-9 tiebreaker in a deciding third set due to a controversial call late in the match.

“I played well today but it came down to one call and one point,” McEntee said. “I just have to find the good in the situation. I’m starting to really find my form and game, and I think we have a good shot in the upcoming matches. I like my chances if I keep improving and getting my game back each day.”

The Huskies will return home to host Southern New Hampshire Penmen on Wednesday at the UConn Tennis Courts at 3 p.m. The Penmen are 11-5 on their season so far in NCAA Division II’s Northeast-10 Conference. SNHU last competed in a 6-3 victory against American International on Tuesday.

“They are a good team but so are we,” McEntee said. “We shouldn’t try to be better than every team in the country. We should just try to be better than the team we were yesterday. If we can continue to do this I believe we can get a couple of good wins going into Big East and make a good run.”