Quick Hits

Published: Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Men’s Basketball: The UConn Huskies lost to the Pittsburgh Panthers with a score of 69-61 Saturday afternoon away at the Petersen Events Center in Pittsburgh. Sophomore guard Ryan Boatright led the Huskies with 20 points and freshman guard Omar Calhoun put in 14 points. With this loss, the Huskies now have an overall season record of 12-5 and a record of 2-3 in the Big East. 

Women’s Basketball: The No. 3 Huskies rolled to an easy victory, defeating then-ranked No. 15 Syracuse Saturday afternoon at home in the XL Center in Hartford. Junior Center Stefanie Dolson scored a career high 25 points and became the 36th player in UConn history to reach 1,000 points in her career. Sophomore forward Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis scored 25 points and freshman forward Breanna Stewart contributed 20 points. The Huskies improved to a season record of 16-1 and a record of 4-1 in the Big East.  

Men’s Ice Hockey: The Huskies defeated Mercyhurst College with a score of 5-4 this past Friday night at home in Mark Edward Freitas Forum. The Huskies then played Mercyhurst College for a second straight game and lost 5-0 Saturday night at home. With this victory and loss, the Huskies have a record of 9-10-2 for the season and a record of 6-8-1 in their conference. 

Women’s Ice Hockey: The Huskies lost to the New Hampshire Wildcats with a score of 3-1 this past Saturday afternoon at home in Mark Edward Freitas Forum. The Huskies then played the Wildcats for a second straight game and lost to them with a score of 2-0 this past Sunday afternoon at home. With these two losses, the Huskies have a season record of 3-19-2 and a conference record of 1-10-0. 

Men’s Track (Indoor): The Huskies competed in the Great Dane Classic this past Friday afternoon away in New York, N.Y. The Huskies achieved a first place team victory. 

Women’s Track (Indoor): Women’s track was also at the Great Dane Classic, where they also achieved a first place team victory. Senior Victoria Flowers led the Huskies with two first places in weight throw and shot put.