Quick Hits

Published: Monday, February 4, 2013

Men’s Basketball: The Huskies defeated the South Florida Bulls 69-64 in overtime this past Sunday afternoon at home in Gampel Pavilion. Junior Shabazz Napier led the Huskies with 24 points and sophomore Ryan Boatright added 17 points. With this victory, the Huskies now have an overall record of 15-5 and a conference record of 5-3.

Women’s Basketball: The No. 3 Huskies defeated the St. John’s Red Storm 71-65 this past Saturday afternoon away in New York. Sophomore Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis led the Huskies with 19 points and senior Kelly Faris added 17 points. With this victory, the Huskies now have an overall record of 20-1 and a record of 7-1 in the Big East Conference.

Men’s Ice Hockey: The Huskies defeated Rochester Institute of Technology with a score of 3-1 this past Friday night away in Rochester, N.Y. The Huskies then played RIT for a second game in Rochester, this past Saturday night and lost with a score of 7-1. With this victory and loss, the Huskies now have an overall record of 11-12-3 and a conference record of 8-9-2.

Women’s Ice Hockey: The Huskies lost to the Providence Friars 5-0 this past Friday night at home in Freitas Ice Forum in their annual Skating Strides game. The Huskies then played the Friars and lost 4-3 in overtime Saturday night away at Providence. With these two losses, the Huskies have an overall record of 3-22-3 and a conference record of 1-13-1.

Men’s Track (Indoor): The Huskies competed in the Penn State Sykes and Sabock Challenge Cup this past Saturday. The Huskies were led by sophomore Darnell Cummings as he posted two first place finishes and helped the team finish in second place overall in the competition.

Women’s Track (Indoor): The No. 25 Huskies competed in the Armory Collegiate Invite this past Friday and Saturday away in New York. The Huskies competed well on both days.

Men’s Swimming: The Huskies lost to Dartmouth with a score of 182-113 this past Saturday afternoon. Senior Kyungsoo Yoon won two individual events and a relay. With this loss, the Huskies now have an overall record of 3-3 for the dual meet season.

Women’s Swimming: The Huskies lost to Dartmouth with a score of 170-125 this past Saturday afternoon. Senior Danielle Cecco won both diving events in the three meter and one meter. With this loss, the Huskies now have an overall record of 4-2 for the dual meet season.