Quick Hits

Published: Monday, February 11, 2013

Men’s Basketball: The Huskies defeated the Seton Hall Pirates with a score of 78-67 this past Sunday afternoon away in Newark, N.J. Junior guard Shabazz Napier led the Huskies with 22 points, nine assists, and six steals. Sophomore Ryan Boatright and Freshman Omar Calhoun put in 20 points and 10 points respectively. With this victory, the Huskies are 16-6 for the season and 6-4 in the conference.

Women’s Basketball: The No. 3 Huskies defeated the DePaul Blue Devils with a score of 91-44 this past Sunday afternoon at home in Gampel Pavilion in Storrs, Conn. Stefanie Dolson led the Huskies with 23 points and six assists. Bria Hartley also added 18 points and seven rebounds, respectively. With this victory, the Huskies are 22-1 for the season and 9-1 in the conference.

Men’s Ice Hockey: The Huskies defeated Bentley with a score of 4-1 this past Sunday night away in Watertown, Mass. Junior Brant Harris led the Huskies with two goals. With this victory, the Huskies now have a record of 12-12-3 for the season and a record of 9-9-2 in the conference.

Men’s Swimming: The Huskies defeated Colgate with a score of 200-81 this past Saturday afternoon away in Hamilton, N.Y.

Women’s Swimming: The Huskies lost to Colgate with a score of 177-120 this past Saturday afternoon away in Hamilton, N.Y.

Men’s Tennis: The matches that were supposed to take place in West Point, N.Y. against Stony Brook on Friday and Army on Sunday were cancelled.

Women’s Tennis: Similarly, the matches that were supposed to take place in West Point, N.Y. against Stony Brook and Army on Saturday were also cancelled.

Men’s Track: The Huskies Rider/Lafayette Invitational that was supposed to take place in New York, N.Y. this past Friday has been postponed.

Women’s Track: The Valentine Invitational that was supposed to take place in Boston, Mass. on Friday was cancelled