Wolf Leaves UConn, Signs With German Pro Team

Published: Friday, July 12, 2013

UConn men’s basketball center Enosch Wolf has opted not to return for his senior season and will instead play professionally in Germany, according to Sportando.net.

Wolf has reportedly signed a deal through 2015 with Telekom Baskets Bonn, a team in the German Basketball League. An official announcement from the team is “expected soon.”

Wolf was suspended from the UConn men’s basketball team in early February following his arrest in an on-campus incident involving a female student, where he “grabbed the hair of the victim and pushed her head” and “knocked the glasses off of the victim's face with his hand.” In May, AD Warde Manuel and President Susan Herbst opted not to renew his scholarship when his suspension was lifted.

Coach Kevin Ollie spoke in June about the possibility of his return, but understood the difficulty of playing without the scholarship.

“We’ll just wait and see what he does and we’ll support him all the way,” Ollie said. “He’s made tremendous strides doing the different programs that he went through. Hopefully when he’s back in that situation he reacts in a different way and it’s a different outcome. I think it will be. He’s a tremendous young man.”

Wolf averaged 3.4 points per game and 3.4 rebounds per game in 22 games during his junior season. He spent an average of 13.7 minutes on the court per game last season, shooting 59 percent from the field.

During his three seasons at UConn, he averaged 2.3 points per game and 2.4 rebounds per games, and was a member of the 2011 NCAA national championship team.