Women's hockey's winter break

Published: Tuesday, January 22, 2013

UConn women’s ice hockey started off winter break with a 5-1 victory over Princeton University, but dropped their next six games.

The Huskies allowed 27 goals in their seven games over the break, and UConn was only able to net seven goals in those seven games. 

Five of those seven games were played at home, at the Mark Freitas Ice Forum.

The Huskies went up against Princeton University, Boston University, McGill, Harvard University, the University of New Hampshire, and the University of Maine during the break. 

Freshman forward Brittany Berisoff scored two goals, along with one assist for the Huskies in their lone win against Princeton on Jan 2. Sophomore forward Kayla Campero also netted two goals for UConn, along with two assists in the 5-1 victory. 

Elaine Chuli stopped 25 shots for the Huskies while only allowing one puck to flash the red light. 

The win was the first for UConn since Oct. 26, 2012. 

UConn most recently dropped both games in a two game set versus the University of New Hampshire, 3-1 and 2-0. 

The Huskies were outshot 57-23 in the two game series. 

UConn finds themselves at 3-19-2 with 10 games left in the regular season, where they will face off with all Hockey East division opponents. The Huskies are 1-10 in conference play. 

The UConn women’s ice hockey squad will face off with the University of Maine this Saturday,