Therapy dogs are back

Published: Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Rainbow Center hosted the third segment of its series on stress management, “Therapy Dog Study Break,” on Wednesday afternoon. The first two parts of the series included a massage class and aromatherapy. The event was organized by Jenn Donnelly, 7th-semester psychology and women, gender and sexuality studies double major, and Jessica Malboeuf, a 7th-semester animal science major. Students were able to enjoy the company of Codie, a two-year-old pit bull in training to become a therapy dog. The event was separate from the therapy dogs that are taken to the library during finals week to help students to unwind. 

“It was real nice to have a dog to pet and play with,” said David Furnes, a 7th-semester computer science major. “I have my own dog at home and I miss her sometimes, so it was nice to see one.”

“I think it would be a great idea for Student Health Services to have therapy dogs available to students year round,” said Jonathan Huang, a 7th-semester chemical engineering major.

The Rainbow Center will continue its series of stress management events during finals week by bringing fresh-baked cookies to the library.