UConn student arrested in on-campus drug bust

Published: Saturday, February 1, 2014

Updated: Friday, February 21, 2014 15:02

A University of Connecticut student charged with operating a drug factory out of his dorm room at the Storrs campus has been arrested today as police seized $30,000 in narcotics, according to police officials.

Police executed a search and seizure warrant earlier today at the residence of the student, Alexander Angeloff, who lives in Grange Hall, a residential student building, according to a news release from the UConn Police Department.

Upon searching the residence, police found $30,000 of marijuana, heroin, LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, ecstasy, PCP and crystal methamphetamine as well as $4,716 in cash. Police also found a pill press used to package narcotics for sale, according to the release.

The arrest is the result of an ongoing investigation “spanning several months” into the sale of narcotics at the Storrs campus, the release said.

Angeloff has been charged with possession of heroin, marijuana, psilocybin mushrooms, MDMA (ecstasy), hallucinogen (LSD), PCP and other drug paraphernalia as well as possession with the intent to sell heroin, marijuana, psilocybin mushrooms, MDMA (ecstasy), hallucinogen (LSD) and PCP.

Additionally, he has been charged with operating a drug factory on campus, bringing the total to 14 charges.

Police found 1.4 grams of crystal methamphetamine, 3.21 pounds of psilocybin mushrooms, 2.3 grams of heroin, 488 individual doses of LSD, 74.9 grams of marijuana, 1782 individual does of ecstasy and 1.8 grams of PCP.

The Judicial District of Tolland issued the warrant for Angeloff’s arrest.

Angeloff is being held on a $500,000 bond and is scheduled to appear at the Rockville Superior Court on Monday.